Friday, January 28, 2011

Twelve months- January


I got this idea from one of my favourite photographers and blogs, Tara Whitney. I am not sure what her exact rules where, but she took one photo of her family -her included- every month during 2010.

As I am always the one holding the camera I'm never in any of the photos, and we rarely get a picture of the whole family. So this year I've decided that I will do this too. I've never really done self portraits before, so it's going to be a challenge.

Here's January:




Admittedly, I'm not entirely in the picture, but I love this photo. It was taken while we were having breakfast on a lazy Sunday morning. No one got prepared, nothing got moved, I just set the tripod and we all got together. Other shots did have my whole head, but this one is it for me, I think it really captures the moment, and I love that.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I like how the laptop got a prime spot though. ;-) Nice family shot.

angelica said...

yeah... sadly, I was probably blogging..

Muddling Along said...

What a great idea - nice shot

pakosta said...

LOVE IT!
tara