Friday, February 11, 2011

Silver light Pagoda - Photo blog post

It's cold and I need to be reminded of the times when I was so sick and tired of the constant, humid heat.... but instead, going over the photos of our time in Cambodia has just made me miss it.

This photo was taken while we were driving from Phnom Penh to Kampot. The sun was starting to set, and every now and then we'd see the entrance to a Pagoda amongst the rice fields. When I saw this scene, and even though it was a long drive and we had the kids on tow, I made them stop the car so I could jump out with the camera. The light was perfect: strong enough to get the detail on the Pagoda entrance, to get the reflection of the grass and even the palm trees against the mountains in the backdrop. You can even see the stems on the grass and the angry clouds warning of a nearing storm, yet it is all bathed in that silver and gold light you only get when the day is about to end. I managed to take about 3 photos before the light completely changed, and the moment was gone.

2 comments:

Bea said...

Hello! I saw your pictures about the embera's in Colombia. I would like to go this summer to do social work... i would like to know if you could tell me how did you get to go there?
It was with an organization? How did you helped them?

Thank you... if you could write me back my email is beamaida@hotmail.com

By the work your work is beautiful.

Admin said...

Nice one Check out the latest Vaccancies in Kenya