Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 1: December challenge



so I'm going to do it. It's crazy and probably stupid, but hey.... some of the best things happen  after those words have been uttered.

I am going to do my December challenge and am going to post a photo every day (every day....) this month. 

Which means you'll have to be kind and accept that sometimes those photos might not be great. Which means you have to be generous and comment in order to encourage me, or even better, join me! and link your photos here or share them on the onSanity facebook page.

December for me is about taking stock and gearing up for what it is you want to accomplish on the next year, so I am going to try to do this through photographs. I want the camera to force me to look at my surroundings and my life. To focus on what I no longer see because I take for granted. on what is missing and what  I want. I think it's more about story telling than art, about letting your guard down and waiting to see what happens. Allowing for that to happen. It's my version of reverb11.

It's probably a bad idea to agree to do this in the busiest month of the year, but it's probably also going to be fun.

So here is today; I'm at my desk writing to you, me e-conscience, instead of doing the work I should be doing. On my desk lies this postcard, I have no idea where it came from, but it's one of the biggest truths I know, and what I remind myself when I get impatient with myself. It's also ironically the opposite of what this challenge is about. 

To the left lies an Indian love goddess whose name I do not know which was given to me by my mom when I was still in college. It has travelled with me since, and clearly works as I bagged the best husband ever. 

5 comments:

BuenoBaby said...

Awesome idea. Also, that masthead photo is unbelievable! It's hard to believe we all live in the same world, sometimes.

Sandi Amorim said...

Love how you're making #reverb11 be an expression of what's important to you. Adds a whole other dimension to the prompts.

Onesnap said...

LOVE it! Here's my Reverb11:

http://leah-onesnap.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Oh, this l am looking forward to see this month :)

Unknown said...

http://whatiknowaboutwhatiknow.blogspot.com.es/2012/12/december-positive-reflections-day-1.html