Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 8: Laughter


Reflect on the last time you laughed so hard your sides hurt, your mascara ran down your face, or you wet your pants?




The last time I literally peed my pants from laughter I was in one of those trampolines with my nephews. the last time I laughed so hard it almost hurt, I was with my sister having a pedicure done by a bunch of fish. The last time I laughed till I cried I was laughing about nothing with the princess, but with a very complicit look, so she would crack up from the sheer joy of sharing that moment, and I would laugh harder from the fact that we were laughing about nothing, and it just kept going till we had tears in our eyes. (I rarely wear mascara).

I’ve got a bit of a bad rep as Ms  grumpy, but the truth is in general I am  a happy and light hearted person.  Kind of like a large Chihuahua. At the end of the day there’s a lot of yapping but no harm done. 

In general kids, and especially my kids, make me laugh. they are constantly coming up with the most unexpected (like trouble's request for a helicopter for the school trip because the bus is too boring). 

Not long after my kids were born I realised that all  the videos I took of them had the same background noise: me laughing. And although they often drive me nuts, they just as often, if not more,  crack me up.